Monday, November 7, 2011

Copy cat chicken lasagna

So, I'm interested in knowing what recipes some of you passed along to Becca. Tell you what, I'll start. The following is a Giles family classic. Chad's mom whips this one up pretty much any time we visit, and I know we've had it at any and every holiday feast; I think a few providence saints have also partaken. Anyway, this is a wonderful any-time-of-year dish.


1 box lasagna noodles (I usually get pre-cooked, but anything goes here)
1 whole chicken (I actually only use half if it's just my family, whole if we're sharing)
16 oz sour cream
1 pkg cream cheese, softened
1 family sized can cream of chicken soup (I have made this from scratch before, and I have to admit, it's way better.)
reserve 2 cups chicken broth after cooking chicken, OR 2 cups boxed broth/bouillon/whatever makes you happy

-Preheat oven to 350*
-Cook and dice up chicken
- If you decide to use noodles that require boiling, do that here.
-Mix sour cream and cream cheese
-Mix 2 Cups broth and soup
-Grease casserole pan (9x11)
-Layer ; Noodles, cheese mixture, and chicken, finishing with noodles (If using boil-free noodles, I spread the cheese mixture on them before laying them in the pan)
-Pour soup mixture over all
-Here, you can refrigerate overnight, for optimal setting or you can cook right away for optimal eating.
-Bake for about an hour.
-Eat, and be the happiest people alive. (Bonus! This step not included in Becca's card)

Serves 6


1 comment:

  1. Yeah Adena. Thanks for posting. I don't this to become an archive of Meg's recipes. This looks yummy.

    ReplyDelete